3. Puffer Fish
It’s unlikely that many of us will ever come across this unless we are in an Asian market or Japanese restaurant. The Japanese consider the puffer fish to be a delicacy, but the problem with this seafood is that parts of it are extremely poisonous! This isn’t a case where eating the poisonous bits will make you a little sick for a few days – it’s quite likely that it will be the last thing you ever do. Japanese chefs that prepare this dish are specially trained to remove all the poisonous parts of the fish but even they sometimes make mistakes that result in the death of diners.